WaltS48 wrote:
On 09/23/2014 07:27 PM, stan wrote:
EE wrote:
stan wrote:
How can I suppress Auto Update for SM?

The SM2.29 is too buggy so I must keep reinstalling SM2.26

-Stan

I found only 2 bugs, and I found workarounds for both of them.  The
address book is properly sorted in the sidebar, so I can use it to get
email addresses, and open a compose window from there.  The bookmark
backups will not restore, but if one exports them as HTML, one can
import them.

To stop automatic updates, what I did was go into about:config and
change these settings:
app.update.auto -> false
app.update.enabled -> false
app.update.silent -> false

Well I cant logo into Tools > Password Manager it crashes
Also it crashes if I want to use this forum.

To me that is BAD.

-Stan

What does Tools > Password Manager have to do with auto updates?

Nothing!

Disabling auto update prevents loading of SM2.29 and I want to run SM2.26 until these bugs will be fixed.