Ant wrote, On 22/10/2014 17:24:
On 10/22/2014 7:24 AM PT, NoOp typed:

When Seamonkey 2.30 update installs, the browser window and the email tool go black. I have to back down to 2.29.1 to use Seamonkey (and my email). I also can't figure out how to STOP the auto updates. So every other day or so I have to reinstall 2.29.1. Running Windows 7, Dell Laptop, Been using Seamonkey for years and this is the first problem.

Suggestions?

I was reading a previous thread. Can't find the thread now.

It appears that something changed in the way hardware acceleration
operates. If you experience a black window, you need to turn off
hardware acceleration.

To turn off hardware acceleration you may have to revert to a previous
version of SeaMonkey, since you can't use a browser with a black window.

No need to revert to a previous version of SeaMonkey. You can edit
user.js to include:

user_pref("layers.acceleration.disabled", true);

Or if you need to turn it off for all users, edit the prefs.js file instead.

Even better. :)
I have tested it with my 2.26.1 - and i got a BLACK screen.
So i let the hardware acceleration active.