»Q« wrote:
In <news:q_-dnc6rr8gb3szjnz2dnuu7-xmdn...@mozilla.org>,
Béèm <merci...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Béèm wrote:

The file browser in this linux permits to hide or display hidden
files. The file browser is ROX.

OK. Opened the file browser and put it in the mode to see the hidden
files. This time I could browse in the file open dialogue taking into
account the hidden directories/files.

Good tip to look at the file browser.

I'm glad that worked, but I'm surprised by it.  Usually Mozilla apps
use their own file browser instead of the system's, but yours must be
using ROX.  In about:config, what's the value of
the ui.allow_platform_file_picker pref?  (Usually, default is false,
which would make SM use its in-built picker.)

ROX probably has a keyboard combo to toggle showing hidden files, but I
don't know what it is.  KDE's file picker uses ctrl+h for that;  maybe
ROX does also.

Good thinking. I have
ui.allow_platform_file_picker;true
ROX uses indeed ctrl+h.
If I am in the file open dialogue in SeaMonkey, ctrl+h displays or hide the hidden files/directories.
So ROX is used as the value is true.

I did put the value to false and then I get the Mozilla's file browser and in this window there is a tick box to show or hide hidden files/directories.

So this clears up the issue.

Thank you »Q«