WaltS48 wrote:

On 10/29/2014 08:47 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
The Web page<http://www.itisatrap.org/firefox/its-a-trap.html>  provides
a test of Gecko's protection of users against phishing Web sites.  Is
there a corresponding Web page for testing Gecko's protection against
sites containing malware?

Interesting. When I open that link in Firefox34.0b4, I get a "Reported
Web Forgery This web page at www.itisatrap.org has been reported as a
web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences."
warning.

If you click the button in the warning, "Why was this page blocked?" you are taken to <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-does-phishing-and-malware-protection-work>, which has a lot of good explanations.

Paul B. Gallagher