-------- Original Message --------
Roger Fink wrote:
I just checked my bookmark backups and noticed that SeaMonkey has
stopped making them, or at best is making them at very long time
intervals. I have the program set to retain ten backups in the folder
(or maybe that is the default setting). This is what's currently in the
folder:

How were you backing them up before?

I've never seen anything in Seamonkey that allows for sequential
backups, although a check of about:config in my own configs shows a
setting of browser.bookmarks.max_backups with a default setting of 10.

However, I know that if you set browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML to
True, that will cause an export of your bookmarks to bookmarks.html each
time you exit Seamonkey.

In the days that bookmarks.html was the bookmarks file (before they were
moved into the SQL database) I got in the habit of setting the
bookmarks.html file to be the home page for my other browsers (Firefox,
IE, Opera, etc.)  That way, my other browsers always have access to the
most current list of bookmarks, at least the names and the links.  (And
periodically, I copy the bookmarks.html file to a LAN location, where I
can get to that data from other machines in my LAN. With the auto-export
active, I am able to continue this practice.

In the meantime, I assume that you're getting regular backups of your
bookmarks, either via regular backups of your data and/or MozBackup.

Smith

I'm not backing them up at all. The program does it, just as it does for Firefox and Palemoon, both of which are installed on the same machine.