On 11/22/2014 08:47 AM, stan pierce wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/21/2014 5:17 PM, stan pierce wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/21/2014 4:36 PM, stan pierce wrote:
Is there some very straightforward way to install JavaScript. How do I
know if I should use 32 or 64 bit. My machine is a 64 bit machine.

1.  Java and JavaScript are two very different things.  Did you really
mean JavaScript?  Or did you mean Java?

2.  Your signature block is faulty in two respects.  First of all, the
"--- " (dash-dash-dash-space) should be "-- " (only two dashes), without
the quotes.  Second, you are providing advertising for Avast, which
makes your message a form of spam.  Spam is not allowed in any
news.mozilla.org newsgroups.  If you do not set your Avast options to
suppress that spam, you might find your future messages to this and
other news.mozilla.org newsgroups blocked.

Where is my signature block?

I haven't figure out how to get rid of avast spam.

The signature block is the text at the bottom of your message. Mine has
the correct "-- " (dash-dash-space) delimiter.  When you quote my
message in a reply or forward, your mail or news application is supposed
to strip away the signature block from the message you are quoting.

Avast should have a setting to suppress the advertisement.  In the AVG
anti-virus application, the advertisement is called "certification".
AVG will add certification to incoming and outgoing messages, with
options to disable that separately for each of those.

How/where do I set the signature block?

---

[Remove signature](https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=137466.0)

From the avastUI > Settings > Active Protection > Mail Shield > Settings (the cog wheel) > Behavior - General section and uncheck the options you don't want