1) I discovered my History listings of links visited extended to 1.5 years ago. There doesn't seem to be any way to have visited links automatically deleted after, say, 90 days, or 180 days, etc.

2) If I click the "older than six months" icon, sort on date, then select 6 months of files, SM becomes unresponsive, except every 20 seconds or so it displays a dialogue box with the message...

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://Communicator/content/history/treeView.js:153

[ ] Don't ask me again [continue]  [Stop script]

Task manager shows the CPU operating at 40% - this is on an i7 core machine with 8 GB memory and 256GB SSD. The disk is not busy.

3) I can delete individual entries, or up to 20-30 at a time (but those take 15-20 seconds to complete). After each deletion, whether it's one link or 30, I have re-sort twice to get the links back in the correct "visited" order (by date); otherwise, they are all mixed up by date.

I'm using Windows 8.1, but exactly the same thing happens on my wife's XP machine.

Is there a bug? How should I handle History to avoid these problems?