On 01/01/2015 10:25 AM, john sumner wrote:
> i think this might be a dumb question but how do i filter out people who
> post from google groups on seamonkey, or have it in a way so i know
> people are posting from there and if they are trolls i can plonk them
> from there

Easy way is to set a messge filter for news.mozilla.org (not just the
user group) - this way the filter will apply to all news.mozilla.org
groups that you subscribe to.

Tools|Message Filters|Filters for: (use the dropdown to select
news.mozilla.org)|New:

Filter name: Injection-info: googlegroupps.com
Apply filter when:
x Manually Run
x Getting New Mail
o Match all of the following
Click 'Subject' and select 'Injection-info'
Click the blank box to the right of the 'contains' box and enter
'googlegroups.com'
Perform these actions:
 select the dropdown box and select your preference (Delete Ignore
thread, etc)
Click 'OK'
Click 'Filter Log' and check 'Enable the Filter Log' - you can then
check the log after awhile & see if the filter is working for you.
Later, if you'd rather not use the disk space, you can clear the filter
and turn it back off.

Note: I previously had mine set to 'Delete', but unfortunately some
developter/contributors use googlegroups exclusively for posting to some
to the dev groups. Seems odd to me that a dev/contributor would use
googlegroups to post to news.mozilla.org, but there you go... So I now
set to 'Ignore Subthread' & I can then check the thread later to see if
it was spam or from a dev/contributor.

Obviously you can set the filter for each news.mozilla.org group that
you subscribe to, but then you need to remember to do so each time you
subscribe to a group.

msgFilterRules.dat:

name="Injection-info: googlegroups.com"
enabled="yes"
type="20"
action="Ignore subthread"
condition="AND (\"injection-info\",contains,googlegroups.com)"