On 1/12/2015 10:13 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
Rickles wrote:
Bill Spikowski wrote:

If it does the same thing at all, less or more frequently than in SM,
try updating your mouse driver.  Sometimes something that simple can
make all the difference.

The mouse is new in the last couple of months, and I do have the latest
driver installed (and Logitech's SetPoint mouse software). I've turned
off several unexplained features in SetPoint (like SetPoint
Implementation and Smart Move) but the Google Maps behavior persists.

I tried restarting SM with all add-ons disabled; no change in this
behavior.

I'm recalling that I've ditched every wireless mouse and trackball I've
ever tried, due to odd usability problems with every one (laggy
behavior; unacceptable battery consumption, you name it). I bought this
"Anywhere MX" mouse as a travel mouse but it feels great and works so
well that I want to make it my permanent mouse on my desktop machines .
. . .

You may be on to something.
I too use the nicer logitec mice, but I keep having software incompatibility issues with the Logitech drivers. In the end I use the mouse but do not install the logitec drives and my problems go away. I actually just disable the starting of the driver in AutoRuns as I sometimes need it to set features. You can RMB on the driver window and exit set point to regain MS control of the driver and see if that changes anything.