On 1/27/2015 3:23 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Desiree wrote:

Mozilla is correct.  Current version since Saturday Jan 24 is 296 for
Flash.  That is for all browsers except Chrome and IE 10 and 11.  It's
being updated in Chrome now.  Microsoft is still asleep and has not
issued an up for embedded Flash on IE 10 and 11..  I got 296 last
Saturday for SeaMonkey, Firefox and PaleMoon.  I update Flash manually
and Adobe did not put it on their websites for manual update until late
on Saturday but Adobe updated Flash early Saturday morning for everyone
that has Flash set to autoupdate.  That is how serious this latest zero
day exploit was as it is almost unheard of Adobe to issue an update on a
weekend and immediately update everyone on auto update as auto upate can
usually take up to 7 days to update.  I had to disable Flash in IE 10
and 11 since Microsoft has slept through the whole zero day thing.

Who knew? I only found out about this last night; Adobe doesn't tell me
this stuff and I don't live at the relevant fora. 296 is available this
morning, so I'll install it as soon as I post this.

I knew on Saturday immediately because I live in the Security forum at dslreports.com and a member posted about it even before Adobe put it out for manual updating.

I haven't used Acrobat Reader in years but it's free.  As for Adobe
Acrobat it's not a plugin but a program.

I'm well aware of the difference, but Mozilla isn't; they list both as
"Acrobat Reader." I have the program, which comes with a plugin.

Ok. I stand corrected. Sorry. I vaguely remember now that Adobe itself has Reader within it. You are right that Mozilla should fix that.

What version of Java do you have?  You need the last version of Java 7
or the latest of Java 8 and you need to set the security slider
appropriately and then it won't be blocked as unsafe.  Java was just
updated last week by Oracle.  Java 7 goes unsupported in April so unless
you have Java only for speed tests (like me) I would recommend you
install the latest version of Java 8.  Most Java speed tests will not
work on Java 8.

Complicated answer to a simple question: in the terms you describe, I
have v. 11.25.2.18. But at about:addons, it's listed as "Java(TM)
Platform SE 8 U25 11.25.2.18," which is activated, and "Java Deployment
Toolkit 8.0.250.18 11.25.2.18," which is blocked as unsafe.

Java Runtime EnvironmentNPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM)
Deploy    Up to Date
10.75.2.13
     Up to Date
Java Runtime EnvironmentNext Generation Java Plug-in 10.75.2 for Mozilla
browsers    Up to Date
10.75.2.13

Don't understand how your 10.75.2.13 and my 11.25.2.18 can both be "up
to date."

The reason is simple.  See where yours says "Java(TM)
" Platform SE 8....."? That's because you have Java version 8xxx. I have Java version 7xxx. 7 is supported through April 2015. After that I will have to get Java 8 and hope that by then Java speed tests will be updated to use Java 8 which almost none can at present. The toolkit is questionable/unsafe at any version. SeaMonkey Addons Manager notes this and says to use it with caution. Perhaps, Java 8 gets harsher treatment and Mozilla plugin check shows it as "unsafe". Or it could be I vaguely recall sometime ago users could unblock a plugin blocked by Mozilla. Maybe I unblocked it a long time ago...not sure. It's too late here for me to go look up the Mozilla page about this.