David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/27/2015 4:38 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Ivan Berger wrote:

When I've used the SeaMonkey browser to log into various sites, it's
been opening Internet Explorer, my default browser, to the same
log-in page, and I could log in there.  Then I made SM my default
browser--now, when I enter my log-in name and password, that same
log-in page opens in a new tab but nothing else happens.

I'm running V2.32 under Win 7 x64.

Looping on login is usually due to a failure to accept a site's cookies.
Most webmasters assume all users accept all cookies all the time and
don't bother to check or tell us what's wrong.

Do Tools | Cookie Manager and make sure the setting isn't "Block all
cookies from this site." If not, double-check by doing Tools | Cookie
Manager | Manage Stored Cookies and confirming that you do have cookies
from the site in question.

If the setting IS "Block all cookies from this site," it should be
possible to simply click the preferred setting, but for the past few
years that hasn't worked for me (SM ignores my choice). In that case, do
Tools | Cookie Manager | Manage Stored Cookies, right-click the domain
name on the left, and choose "Forget about this domain." Then the next
time you visit (e.g., when you reload), SM will apply your default
cookie policy from Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Cookies.
(Of course, if your default policy is to reject all cookies, that won't
help -- then you do have to set a special policy for the domain)

In SeaMonkey, you cannot reach Cookie Manager from the Tools menu.

Don't know what version you're using, but I've been able to do it for years and I still can in v. 2.32.

On the menu bar, select [Edit > Preferences].  Then on left side of the
Preferences window, select [Privacy & Security > Cookies].  There, you
can set general rules for accepting or rejecting cookies.

Yes, this is what I said, but it's a different thing from the Cookie Manager. Here you set your policies; the CM only implements them and lets you see what it's up to.

For the cookie rule for specific Web sites, select [Tools > Data
Manager] on the menu bar.  Ignore the request (if any) for your master
password.  On the left side of the Data Manager window, you will see
"All data types" in a selection list.  Select the button on the right
with the down-pointing triangle and then select "Permissions" (not
"Cookies").  Then in the Domain list, select the domain for the Web
site.  In the larger area under the Permissions tab, a cookies rule for
the site will appear under the heading "Set Cookies"; at the far right
of that area will be radio buttons showing the site's cookie rule
(Allow, Allow for Session, or Block).

All this rigmarole can be bypassed by choosing Tools | Cookie Manager.

Frankly, I much preferred the old Cookie Manager.  I can still get it
via the PrefBar extension.

Or without it...

Paul B. Gallagher