Bo1953 wrote:

Hb - thank you for your reply. Upon trying to open a pdf file I
receive the follow message (I Am able to open some in the browser,
but less than 40% of them) others try to open in adobe reader XI
where most of the error message originate:

Chances are the ones you can open and the ones you can't open have different MIME types from the server.

Look under Edit | Preferences | Browser | Helper Applications
and you'll see several entries for PDFs, handled different ways. If you change the one that specifies "Use Acrobat XI" to one of the options that does work, that should solve it.

Of course, "Use Acrobat XI" should /always/ work for PDFs. I'm only offering a workaround, not a solution.

Paul B. Gallagher