U.Mutlu wrote:
EE wrote on 06/06/2015 10:28 PM:
U.Mutlu wrote:
Here's a bug. The setting:

   Preferences / Mail and Newsgroups / Message Display / Show only
display name for people in my address book

doesn't function; whether one activates or deactives it, it just
increments the following setting in about:config
   mail.displayname.version

but other than that there is no effect in the Sent and Inbox list.
One cannot get it to display the email adress of someone with name; it
just displays the name only. It should display both name and
email-address.

So, this is a bug.

Both name and email address appear in the header of the message, not
in the
list pane.  There is an extension that will show the email address in
the list
pane.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/show-address-only/

It is for Thunderbird, but if you run it through the converter, it
installs
and works.
http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

Thx, that seems to work, but it has a problem of its own: the two new
columns can not be resized, so the sender address is chopped, but I need
to display
the complete sender and recipient email addresses in the list panes.
How to fix this new problem? :-)

If there are columns in the list pane that you can do without, you can remove them. You could also widen the window.