chicagofan wrote:
What is the most reliable version available now?  I've read of so many
problems I can't keep up with them, and I've been afraid to upgrade,
because my short term memory is so pathetic, and I've also forgotten the
steps to upgrade [safely]. I'm assuming instructions will still be at
the site where the downloads are.

Anyone have a feeling which version has the least problems now? I'm
being pushed to do this, because when I was forced to use Firefox the
other day to do something, they updated it to version 31. [I didn't know
it was set to auto update, I have now changed that.]   I will appreciate
any suggestions to reduce my anxiety, and take pity on me, because I'm
old.  :)
bj

I'm using the most current. Only issue I have is the binary attachments from newsgroups not working properly. That's an old, long-standing issue and not really critical (just REALLY annoying).

But the older and older this codebase gets, the more security holes I am exposed to. I think if Firefox goes one more revision with nothing from Seamonkey I may be forced to abandon Seamonkey and go with Firefox/Thunderbird. I've heard it that Thunderbird does not have the issue with binary newsgroup attachments either.

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary

AMA District 34