rjkrjk wrote:
follow the link to adobe, and d/l current version 1800 209

Paul in Houston, TX wrote on 7/14/2015 12:27 AM:
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
I got the message in SeaMonkey "Shockwave Flash is venerable. Use
with caution" yesterday
and updated to the latest up to date flash plug-in.

Today I get the same warning about flash. I clicked on the add-ons
manager under the Tools
menu and clicked on "Check to see if your plugins are up to date"
which takes me to
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/  only to inform me that
all versions of Adobe's
Flash Player are currently vulnerable.

BTW I am using MacOS X. How safe is it to activate flash when it has
been blocked by
Seamonkey because it is outdated?

Thanks,
Paul.

https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsa15-04.html

How safe?  That's relative to YOUR browsing habits and computer
knowledge.
I am not the least bit concerned about my machines.
The small kids next door probably already have their computers infected.

A good point, but still, technically speaking, all versions of flash (and newer versions of the java plugin) have some nasty new 0-days because of that stupid italian ``hacking team'' that recently themselves got hacked. Still, with good browsing habits and a bit of common sense, most power users should be fine.