:)
--
"When I am at my lowest, that is when I see things the clearest. It's hard to care about ants when you're soaring with eagles." --unknown Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
 | |o   o| |
     ( )              Chop ANT from its address if e-mailing privately.
--- Begin Message ---
On 7/28/2015 10:55 PM, Ant wrote:
>>> Interesting. I also view attachments as inlined too in my SM. I
>>> attached your newsgroup
>>> post as an attachment (drag and drop into "Attachments" box area in my
>>> newsgroup post. It
>>> doesn't attach as an *.eml file like forwarding as an attachment. :/
>>
>> It looks like the newsgroup attachment is displayed as a text file if
>> there is
>> no .eml ending.  Sounds normal though.  NG files are either txt or html.
>> If I save your attachment and add .eml to the end it opens correctly in
>> both
>> outlook and SM as an email attachment.
>
> Yeah, that is what I saw with e-mails too. Is there a way to force SM to
> add .eml file extension when I drag and drop e-mails into my attachments?

When you drag an existing message into new message as an attachment, you
are NOT dragging an .eml file.  To get an .eml file, you must first save
the existing file.

However, once you drag an existing message into new message as an
attachment, you can always rename the attachment to add .eml as a
file-extension.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

--- End Message ---