On 21/08/2015 3:18 AM, Onno Ekker wrote:
On 20-8-2015 14:58, Larry S. wrote:
When I install SM it has placed a SM logo on the task bar, which then
appears whenever I start the computer. I would start SM by clicking on
the logo.

Recently, however, it no longer appears.  I can start SM by clicking
Start>SM, and get the SM logo, but with the label Bookmarks (my home
page). This acts the same way as the previous (bare) logo, but needs to
be added, as above, each time I start the computer.

Must be caused by operator error of some sort. Any thoughts or advice
would be welcome.

Larry S.

After starting SM, right click on the icon in the task bar and choose
Pin to task bar. That will show the logo also when SM is closed.

Onno

It's been a while so things may have changed but, as I understand Windows, those programs you have in the "Quick Launch" section of your Taskbar are consuming some of your computers speed and RAM.

These days, when we've got multiple cores operating at GigaHertz and billions of Bytes of RAM, this may not amount to much, but, if you've got ten or a dozen programs sitting in the Quick Launch section, it may be consuming some of your speed.

What's wrong with having Icons on your desktop?? Just takes one extra click!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150223174142
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.33 Build identifier: 20150215202114