Brian Mailman wrote on 8/30/2015 9:31 PM:
S Slicer wrote:
Brian Mailman wrote:
S Slicer wrote:
Brian Mailman wrote:
Win10
Seamonkey 2.33.1

Hi, Windows 10 just forced itself on me.  Which I guess is OK, but.

Seamonkey runs for a while and then slows to a grind and eventually
stops.  The little blue swirly thing goes and goes and goes and when I
check Task Manager, Seamonkey is taking an awful lot of RAM (like over
25%).

I will close down Seamonkey and then reload it.  Things go ok for a
while and then the same thing.  I reboot entirely... same thing only
shorter time.

Any help? Or do I have to wait until there's a SM released
specifically
for Win10?

B/
I totally wiped out my system, then did a bare bones install of Win 7
Pro 64-bit, then downloaded Win 10.  I added SeaMonkey and my other
programs after, and SeaMonkey is doing just fine.

That's waaaay above and beyond me, but thanks.

B/

Any chance you've tried to run SeaMonkey in compatibility mode?

What is compatibility mode?  Seamonkey Help displays no items found.

Navigate to the SeaMonkey installation folder. Right-click the seamonkey.exe file. Click "properties" in the pop-up menu. Click the compatibility tab. Put a check in the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Select Windows 7. Try the program again and see if it solved anything.

FWIW, I'm running SM on two Windows 10 systems with no issues at all.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/