On 1/11/2015 12:23 PM, Ron wrote:
Lee wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/30/2015 3:54 PM, stan pierce wrote:
I find that occasionally SM 2.38 will quit working (usually after
clicking on a selection) and can only be terminated by clicking on the
'X' in the upper right corner which results in a window saying SM isn't
working.

Try running in SeaMonkey's Safe Mode.  Yes, I know that your problem is
only sporadic and that it can be a pain to disable all the extensions
you normally use.  If your problem does not occur within a session whose
duration exceeds what normally produces your problem, this might mean
your problem is caused by an extension you installed.  If that is true,
report back in this thread for advice on determining which extension is
at fault.

I am having the same problem and I have installed no extensions.  I am
using Vista.  Same thing with the expanding You Tube Video's no luck here
I tried to check the site out for an extension but keep getting a warning
saying Sea Monkey does not recognize the site and to proceed at my own
risk.  Needless to say I did not do it.

I noticed that it hangs occasionally too. Weird thing is that when it
reopens the page on restart it doesn't seem to hang.

If you are trying to view You tube videos full screen Read this:

To enable full screen for youtube videos type about:cofig in the address
bar browser window.

In the widow that appears look for the search box and type "full"

Change these two items from false to true:

full-screen-api.content-only

and

full-screen-api.enabled

Once these two items are changed from false to true you can click on the
full screen icon of youtube HTML 5 videos and enter full screen. There
is no need to force youtube to use flash instead of html 5 video format.

To exit full screen simply use the ESC key on your keyboard.

Hmm! I have "full-screen-api.enabled" set to false *by default* . No mention of "full-screen-api.content-only" at all .... and I can do Youtube full screen!!

Additionally, I do have "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" and "full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only" both set to true *by default* !!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150904215228
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501