Norman Fuchs wrote:
On 11/22/2015 1:47 PM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Norman Fuchs wrote:
I have been running SM 2.26.1 for some time, and I thought it would be a
good thing to update to a recent version.  However, when I do so, I lose
all my passwords.  Well, not really lose -- if I revert to 2.26.1, they
are all there.  They just don't show up after I update.  That's true no
matter if I update to 2.35, 2.38 or 2.39.  I've tried to use Mozbackup,
but the same thing happens there.  I've also used Password Exporter, but
with the same result, even though it reports that all passwords were
imported into the new version.

Would anyone please help me?

Before updating, change the master password to blank (Edit > Preferences
 > Privacy & Security > Master Passwords > Change Password...). You can
set it again after upgrading.

Also disable any password-related add-ons; "Remember Passwords" in
particular is known to cause problems in newer versions of SeaMonkey,
but it's possible that other add-ons do too.

Mark.

Thank you!  I had no master password, but I did have "Remember
Passwords." I guess it is known to cause problems to those who know it.

Is is also known to those who read the release notes ;o)
  http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.39/#issues

Always worth a quick read before updating. Release notes for the latest version are usually linked from:
  http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/
and links to old releases are listed at the bottom of that page.

Mark.