EE wrote:
A Williams wrote:
I tend to give most "collateral damage" sites the "Allow for Session"
setting for Cookies.  Today I went through the permissions listing and
discovered that quite a few unwanted sites have the "Allow" setting.

So I changed the permissions to "Allow for Session".

Positioning to the next site and back again, I see that the Permissions
are immediately reset to "Allow".  Deleting all existing cookies (for
the site) and then trying again does not help.

How do I make this change - my personal "do not track" - stick?

Try the advice here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Preferences_not_saved

Thanks, but this advice looks to be for another problem. Updating my preferences works just fine, my problem is with permissions for some - not all - websites. They will be in permissions.sqlite.