On 12/09/2015 04:15 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Ant wrote:
I am seeing a lot of annoying recent spammers' posts like from
moaula...@hotmail.co.nz (Ras Mikaere Enoch Mc Carty). I told
SeaMonkey
v2.39's message filters to delete (don't show) them when I read the
newsgroups: http://i.imgur.com/8tQwyxj.gif ... But they are still
showing up. Am I doing this wrong/incorrectly?

For those kinds of messages I use 'Match any of the following' and
'Subject contains', then select words, or parts of words from the
subject that are not likely to be in any legitimate message.

So e-mail addresses won't work? It is always the same address. :(

If the address is always the same, maybe you should change the filter
from "contains' to "is".

OK, I'll try that later assuming the spammer is still posting like
crazy. I would assume "contains" would match moaula...@hotmail.co.nz.
Thanks. :)

Are you seeing these in this newsgroup?   I'm wondering what is keeping
me from seeing them, if that is the case.  :)
bj

He did post an image of the problem, and no it isn't this newsgroup. It is a.c.hardware.

--
Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 38.4.0
One users useless feature, is a useful feature to another