On 02/10/2016 01:14 PM, Pierre wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 12:15:48 PM UTC-7, WaltS48 wrote:
On 02/09/2016 01:47 PM, pjt2...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 1:56:25 AM UTC-7, Daniel wrote:
On 9/02/2016 7:17 PM, pjt2...@gmail.com wrote:
On Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 12:22:31 AM UTC-7, Pierre Tremblay wrote:
I had the old sync for Sea Monkey and Firefox, the one that required a recovery
key on Sea Monkey.
I wish to get rid of the 'recovery key' needs, but NO WAY!
After I disconnect syc from Sea Monkey, it still wants the key.
I have no idea about what to do to re-sync the two browsers.
Thank you for help required.
Pierre
I forgot to mention: I have the latest versions of Sea Monkey and Firefox.

I didn't think Sync worked between different programs (i.e FF and SM)! I
thought it was just to allow you to sync the FF on your Desktop computer
with FF on your Laptop computer, for example! :-(

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.39 Build identifier: 20151028234211
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501
Hi Daniel!

In the past, it was possible to sync the two browsers on the same computer.
That was the old sync system.

The problem seems to be that I cannot link into the new sync system for as long as sea
monkey is asking me for a "recovery key" that was needed with the old sync
system.

I can link in to the new sync system - that now requires only an email and
password - with Firefox, but cannot do so with Sea Monkey.

Pierre

Known issue.

You cannot set up a new Sync account or pair a device anymore (bug 998807).
Workaround: Use an older version of SeaMonkey for such tasks for now.
<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.39/>

--
Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 45.0b1(Beta)
Go Bucs! Go Pens! Go Sabres! Go Pitt!

I tried that but still did not work (getting the older browsers and re-Sync).
Looks like I will have to wait until they make Sync with SeaMonkey compatible
with Firefox Sync. I somehow cannot link into Sync with SeaMonkey anymore. Even
with older versions.  Give me error messages whenever I put in any of the 2
email addresses I have used.

Until then, however, if I change computers, I will be really in trouble given
that I need much of data to be stored on SeaMonkey Sync.... the new one to come
maybe soon????  I cannot access the old data previously stored.

Pierre

PS. It is difficult to understand why it was decided to make the 2 browsers
impossible to sync with each other, when some users may have depended on having
the two browsers sync with each other. For me it is related to the web pages I
create/update and the research I do online.

SeaMonkey is not a Mozilla product. There is only Firefox.

If you follow the meeting notes Mozilla has graciously given SeaMonkey "official permission to**use the Firefox FxA 2.0 sync servers"*.
*
<https://blog.mozilla.org/meeting-notes/archives/2327>