-------- Original Message --------
Roger Fink wrote:

I have two laptops, each with SeaMonkey 2.35 installed. On one computer
I'm getting a non-defeatable message to update each time I open the
browser that I need to X out of. On the other I get no nag message at
all. How can I get the nagging to stop?

Two ways:

1) Update to version 2.39;

2) Edit | Preferences | Advanced | Software Installation:
        Add-Ons
        SeaMonkey
        [ ] Automatically check for updates

Disabling the check should disable the nag. Then you can go on using
unsafe unpatched software in peace.

I shut SM down a couple of hours ago. Now when I start it up it the reminder seems to be gone. Defies logic but I'll take it, although I fully expect the problem to recur. btw, the automatic check for SM updates was unchecked.

Back to the virus playground.