On 2016-03-11 23:11, Philip Chee wrote:
On 12/03/2016 03:02, EE wrote:

Is there no version between 2.40 and 2.44?  What about 2.41?

1. At the moment 2.45 is what we call nightly (or daily for Thunderbird)
Really bleeding edge.

2. 2.44 is Aurora (Think if this as an Alpha build)

3. 2.43 is Beta.

4. 2.42 under normal circumstances this would be a release build which
our users can update to.

5. However our release process uses Mozilla servers and infrastructure
and Mozilla recently moved their infra to Amazon Web Services and we (or
rather ewong) had to find out the new way to upload releases to Amazon
S3. We actually had 2.40 release builds ready for some time.

5a. By the way, anyone reading this has experience using and managing
AWS/S3?

6. Splints have been removed, so Ewong can now type with both hands
again! So he's been attacking our backlog of stuff that needs to be done.

7. I'm not sure if we are going to do a 2.41 or skip it and move to 2.42
but modulo mozilla-central breaking our builds again it looks like we're
back on track.

Phil

I have been using the 2.40 release candidate. In at least the Mac version, there is a bug in the File Bookmark dialog where it will not lengthen when the folder list is pulled down, and I had to set it to be longer in order to read the folder list. I am hoping that the newer versions will fix that.