In <news:4osdnfnea6wvw3jlnz2dnuu7-fnnn...@mozilla.org>,
Daniel <dan...@albury.net.spam.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to send my sister a google maps link from my SM to her
> Google Chrome (I think), but when she received my e-mail, the link
> was broken, spread across two lines, so she could Cut-n-Paste the two
> halves together, if she wanted. But that was not what I wanted!!
>
> I then sent her the same link but enclosed with-in <  > and it still
> didn't work and her response was "doesn't appear as a link .. just
> plain text"
>
> So does SM break long links?? And is there a workaround that would
> make the link clickable??

I have no idea how SM's line-wrapping stuff works, so take this post
with a big grain of salt.

Check your 'sent' folder -- if the copy there has a line break in the
middle of what should have been the URL, SM did it.  If not, the
problem is probably on her end, in which case there's nothing you could
do other than run the URL through a URL shortener before pasting it.

In case SM is causing the break, toggling wrapping off before pasting
should be the answer.  There's an extension that's supposed to make
toggling it easy,
<https://addons.mozilla.org/seamonkey/addon/toggle-word-wrap/>.