-------- Original Message --------
Roger Fink wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Roger Fink wrote:
Sounds crazy, but I can't find the formatting toolbar in SeaMonkey
(2.40), even after starting it in safe mode. The only thing I can think
of is that since I use it for newsgroups but not email, it has decided
I'm not worth bothering with.

I use plain text for newsgroups, but I'm still curious.
knowledge there is no format toolbar in SeaMonkey at all; there is only
a format menu in the compose window and that only appears when you are
composing in HTML.

Regards
Keith

So if you wanted to send an email or post to a newsgroup in formatted
text or with other features such as bullet points, you would create it
in Composer and paste it into the email or newsgroup parts of the suite.
Is that correct?

On my machine, there's a formatting toolbar directly under the Subject:
field when I compose/reply in HTML. As with other SM toolbars, it can be
hidden/revealed:

(in an HTML composition window) View | Show/Hide... Formatting Toolbar

If the checkbox is already in the "on" position, look where I told you
for a little speckly rectangle, just under the word "Subject:," and
click it to toggle it back on.

There's no formatting toolbar in a plain text composition window because
it would be pointless.

The one place I could find in Preferences to select plain text vs. HTML is Mail & Newsgroups/Send Format/Send the message in formatted text (html) anyway.....

So I checked that, closed and reopened. Assuming I'm now composing in HTML, I can find no format toolbar, including under View-Show/Hide- or in the customize box.

It might be that you need to have email set up for that toolbar to appear in the newsgroup GUI.

(back in plain text to compose and send this post)