David E. Ross wrote:
On 4/8/2016 9:37 PM, OG wrote:
I use two providers to look at the same newsgroups.
I boot the laptop and Seamonkey updates the newsgroups.

I let the app sit all day open so that I can get the latest updates when
I return.

But seamonkey refuses to look at either provider giving an error message
that it cannot access the provider at any of the newsgroups.

But FireFox can go to the internet and load a fresh page e.g. google news.

Restarting seamonkey does not fix the problem.

I am connected to my home network via wifi and it is a good strong
signal and speedtest.net indicates full speed.

If I reboot the laptop I get access to the newsgroups.

What is going on?

Is there something I need to do in Seamonkey to get it talking to the
newsgroups?

If I Compose an new post then Seamonkey again has access to the listed
newsgroups.  What is this all about?

On what newsgroup server do you see this?  Do you see this with
news.mozilla.org?

I'd just like to chime in to say that this happens to me on occasion (using SM 2.39 and 2.40 on OS X). Not really sure how it fixes itself (as I only check USENET newsgroups a few times a day), but it has never been annoying enough for me to really notice.