Daniel wrote:
On 19/04/2016 1:06 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 4/18/2016 7:37 AM, Daniel's fingers rattled off:
Normally, when I file a Bookmark, I want to put it in a particular
Group/Sub-Folder, but, with this Windows version of SM 2.40, I'm having
troubles getting to particular Sub-Folders, e.g. somebody recently
posted a link to http://info.cern.ch/ with a claim that it was the first
*ever* website, so I thought I'd save the link in my "General"
Sub-Folder of my Bookmarks.

Previously, a sub-screen would open showing my Bookmarks file structure
and I would just select the Sub-Folder that I wanted the new Bookmark
saved to, then click "O.K." and ... job done.

Now, I think, when I click on Bookmarks->File Bookmark, I am taken to a
"New Bookmark" screen, which allows me to add bits and pieces about the
new bookmark, but doesn't allow me to select the particular sub-folder
that I want the Bookmark saved to .... unless it happens to be one of
the half dozen or so listed on the "Folder:" drop-down of the
sub-screen. Where this list comes from, I don't know ... unless it is a
listing of the sub-folders to which I may have previously filed
bookmarks directly to.

Have I started doing something wrong?? How do I get back to the old
situation where I could file a bookmark to any of the forty or more
sub-folders in my Bookmarks Folder??

(Lately, any bookmarks I save are just being added to the bottom of the
Bookmarks drop-down! :-(  )

In the New Bookmark dialog it has a line Folder:  with a button saying
Bookmarks Menu.  Click the down arrow to the right.  Click on "Choose."
  Choose your folder and click "Save."

Thanks for that, Ed, but as I typed above, when I click "Choose", I only get offered those sub-folders that I have saved to recently (the half dozen or so listed).... not the full screen length list.

I'm having the same problem. New with 2.40. However, you can fix it on a temporary (and very annoying basis), simply by dragging the bottom of the selection window down. With that, you will be able to see and scroll through the bookmark folders as before. Trouble is, it doesn't stick. Next time you use "File Bookmark", you'll have to drag the window longer again.

There is a bug open, but no idea when/if it will be fixed. Its very annoying....

Paul.