On 7/8/2016 at 5:36 AM, Daniel's prodigious digits fired off:
On 8/07/2016 12:18 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 7/7/2016 at 7:50 AM, Jim Dell's prodigious digits fired off:
EE wrote:
SamuelS wrote:
Hello all,

Having a challenge with MozBackUp - Get an error that indicates not
authorized to write file to disk. I have removed it and reinstalled.

Cannot figure out exactly what it is. I have tried running it as
admin.

Any ideas or suggestions? Since this program is no longer
supported, is
there another one out there which I need to look at?

TIA - bo1953

Why not just back up the profile manually?  I do that every time I have
to update an add-on or install a new Mozilla software version.

Has anybody created a batch file to do this?  And the reverse one
restoring?
Jim

rem backup SM profile

copy c:\[username]\App\Data\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[salted
string].[profile name] X:\[desired path]\

rem end backup

--------------

rem restore SM profile
copy X:\[desired
path]\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[salted
string].[profile name] X:\[desired path]\
c:\[username]\App\Data\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[salted
string].[profile name] X:\[desired path]\ /y

Ed, did you do a errant copy&Paste here?? Do you really need the two
instances of "X:\[desired path]\" in this Restore command??

Ignore the original code.  Should be:

rem backup SM profile
copy c:\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[salted string].[profile name] X:\[desired path]\
rem end backup

rem restore SM profile
copy X:\[desired path]\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[salted string].[profile name] c:\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\[salted string].[profile name] /y
rem end restore

Thanks for catching that.

--
Ed Mullen