On 7/11/2016 12:51 PM, EE wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 07/10/2016 07:00 PM, Big Jim wrote:
As of the last week or so, flash videos from news links on the AOL
home page automatically play even though the "Ask to activate" option
is enabled in SeaMonkey.  What is causing this?  Does anyone else see
this?
Thank you.

It looks like they test to see if you have Flash activated, and if the
user doesn't, then they feed HTML5 video.

When I tested in SeaMonkey with Flash set to "Ask to Activate", I saw
three requests in the video to "Activate Flash", then the video started.

I usually just click the pause button, and read the text.

It would be nice if people who run websites were more considerate.  If
people have stopped videos from playing automatically, maybe it is
because they want it that way.  I still keep Flashblock because it is
the one thing that can prevent HTML5 from starting automatically when a
sysop has decided to override visitors' browser preference settings.

Flashblock will not install in SeaMonkey, but I did find one solution. I disabled autoplay in config and now I have to right click on a video and pick "Play" for it to run.