Hi,

I'm running SM 2.40 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and have been trying to follow the Linux Installation Instructions on

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/install-and-uninstall

My desktop is the default Unity version, whereas the instructions refer to the GNOME Panel, so where the instructions say

[QUOTE] To hook up SeaMonkey complete with icon to the GNOME Panel, follow these steps:

    Click the GNOME Main Menu button.....[/QUOTE]

I'm lost! I don't have a GNOME Menu button, or if I do, I haven't recognised it!!

I've managed to install a copy of the SM icon from seamonkey/chrome/icons/default/default.png in my Unity launch strip as I hope you'll be able to see in my attached "unity.jpg", but I've failed to get that icon to display correctly when I'm using alt-tab to switch between different applications.

Instead of displaying a "default.png" in alt-tab, I've only managed to get a question mark. See my attached "alt-tab.jpg".

Can anyone please explain where I should look and what I should do to change that "?" for a "default.png" ?

   Tks,    +  John