Dave Yeo wrote:

You need planning, especially on systems using drive letters and there
is also the problem when using different versions, especially
downgrading to an older version. This can be most obvious going from Win
to OS/2 as the OS/2 version is usually about a year out of date. The
same problem is potentially capable of happening with Foosa as it was
forked some time back.

Yes, there are "land mines" to be stepped on, the app version being the largest. I have made all data partitions the same drive letter on all machines so the profiles are not confused about where data is located. And my mail files began life in Netscape, and I have never "lost" them.

Ray