Desiree wrote:

SeaMonkey 2.40 on Windows 8.0 Pro is minimizing EVERY tab SEPARATELY
to the task bar.  When I go to click on the icon on the task bar to
bring up SeaMonkey I see a long list on the screen of ALL tabs and I
cannot just click on the icon and bring up SeaMonkey.  I have to
CHOOSE a specific tab in the list and bring up that tab and then the
others are brought up with it.

This looks to me like an OS feature, not a SM feature.

In earlier versions of Windows (I have Win7), you could control this behavior by setting the Taskbar properties. Here are the Win7 instructions; they're probably similar on Win8 but I can't guarantee it:

Right-click an empty area on the Taskbar and choose "Properties."

In the dialog that appears, on the "Taskbar" tab, there's an option for "Taskbar buttons:" with a pull-down list:
        [Always combine, hide labels]
        [Combine when taskbar is full]
        [Never combine]

The third option will do what you're describing. Choose a different one and you'll get different results.

You don't have to unlock the taskbar to do this.

Paul B. Gallagher