Paul in Houston, TX wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
I tried to follow [David Ross's] confusing instructions as best I
could, and they didn't work.

I did terminate SeaMonkey and set cookies.sqlite to read-only.

I did relaunch SeaMonkey and set my cookie preferences to "Allow
all cookies" and "Accept cookies normally."

I did clear private data, which in my settings includes cookies
and cache, but since cookies.sqlite is read-only, that could only
affect memory, which should be clear anyway after a program
restart.

I then visited the DMV site, and the moment I tried to visit the
vehicle registration page it threw the same error, complaining that
it couldn't set nonpersistent cookies.

Why you think it wants to set persistent cookies I don't know;
that's the opposite of what it said. And I never got to the point
of being "done at the PennDOT website," since it refused to do
anything without its precious cookie.

Any other ideas?

Scripts on?  Flash on?  Ad blocker off?

JavaScript is enabled for the browser.

Flash vids are handled by Adobe's native application, though what that has to do with this I don't know. None of their pages plays Flash vids.

Just disabled AB Plus everywhere, no joy. Same result as for Jonathan N. Little's suggestion:

Set cookies to allow all, tried that link, got the error page, closed the browser without clearing anything and retried, got the error page, closed the browser without clearing anything and retried, got the error page...

Paul B. Gallagher