WaltS48 wrote:

Had no trouble using Firefox, now let me try SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey also
worked.

Under Tools > Cookie Manager I have "Use Default Cookie Permissions"
selected.

Looking at "Manage Stored Cookies" I see 2 domains "pa.gov" and
"state.pa.us". The "state.pa.us" domain has a PenndotTestCookie stored.

I don't see any cookies with my name, but have 5 from pa.gov and 2 from
state.pa.us.

OK, that led me to the solution!

Looking in the old-style Cookie Manager <chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul>, I discovered that the site <state.pa.us> was listed as "site cannot set cookies." When I deleted the listing so it reverted to the default permissions (first-party session cookies only), the site suddenly started working.

In principle, this shouldn't have helped since <state.pa.us> is distinct from <www.dmv.pa.gov/> and should count as a third-party site, but whatever.

Thanks a lot!

Paul B. Gallagher