Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

Had no trouble using Firefox, now let me try SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey also
worked.

Under Tools > Cookie Manager I have "Use Default Cookie Permissions"
selected.

Looking at "Manage Stored Cookies" I see 2 domains "pa.gov" and
"state.pa.us". The "state.pa.us" domain has a PenndotTestCookie stored.

I don't see any cookies with my name, but have 5 from pa.gov and 2 from
state.pa.us.

OK, that led me to the solution!

Looking in the old-style Cookie Manager
<chrome://communicator/content/permissions/cookieViewer.xul>, I
discovered that the site
<state.pa.us> was listed as "site cannot set cookies." When I deleted
the listing so it
reverted to the default permissions (first-party session cookies
only), the site suddenly
started working.

In principle, this shouldn't have helped since <state.pa.us> is
distinct from
<www.dmv.pa.gov/> and should count as a third-party site, but whatever.

Thanks a lot!

Also,
Click here first then click the online reg. prompt:
http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/vehicle_services/vrlogin.jsp?navigation=true

That was the page I could never get to until I solved the problem, so telling me to go there would have been unhelpful. Thanks anyway.

Paul B. Gallagher