Henrik37 wrote:
In trying to download a large number of e-mails that have stacked up on
an e-mail server, I receive the following error message:

"The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail
server mail.xxxxxxxx.net responded: messages are counted from 1"

I am not certain what I am being told or how to fix the problem.

All suggestions, help and/or advice will be gratefully accepted.

The PC involved is running SM v2.39 under Win XP SP3
Having tried the suggestion that was kindly sent, I still can't download the e-mails involved. Is this likely a SM problem or an e-mail server problem? Help!