On 05/10/2016 8:55 AM, Daniel wrote:
I seem to recall that, somewhere in my SM profile, there is a file for
my UseNet news server, which records which news groups I have subscribed
to on that news server and which messages I have read with-in each of
those news groups.

Could someone provide the name please. My UseNet server is
eternal-september, so I think the name is something like
newsrc-news.eternal-september.org. If so, can I edit the file, or might
it just be easier to delete the group from my UseNet account and then
just re-subscribe??

TIA

news.eternal-september.org.rc

newsrc-news.eternal-september.org is the file name on Mac and maybe Linux too.
Yes, you can edit the file in Notepad.
Easier? Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Newsgroup moderator