Richard Owlett wrote:
On 10/26/2016 10:58 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm a tri-focal wearer with a fussy and strong astigmatism.
I have problems spotting the microscopic image which tags a
folder with
*NEW* unread messages. Messages in folders keep their status as
"unread"
until I deal with the contents - it's essentially my to-do
list. I use
flag status for a different function.

I am using SeaMonkey 2.40 on WinXP Pro SP3
My likely relevant settings are:
   View->Layout->Classic View
   View->Apply Theme->SeaMonkey Default Theme

My preferred solution would be to change the color of the
folder title
to indicate presence of *NEW* unread messages.
A _possible_ alternative might be toggling font face/metric of the
folder title.

On my system with Classic view and Default theme, folder names in
the list are bolded when they contain unread messages, and
subject lines of unread messages are similarly bolded in the
list. Is that not true on yours?

yes *BUT* <ROFL>**<giggle>**2
All messages are divided into three classes. [Apologies to the late J.
Caesar]
   1. messages which have been read and require no further action.
   2. messages which have been read and require *further* action.
      my 'to-do' list -- indicated by resetting status to unread
      the flag icon is used for another purpose
   3. messages which have *NEVER* been read as they arrived since the
folder
      was last opened.

I've never claimed to be "normal" ;)

Have you tried using tags for that?  You can add your own tags.