Ant composed on 2016-10-26 20:43 (UTC-0700):

Felix Miata wrote:

FB generally was causing me considerable CPU usage in 2.40 on Linux.
Upgrading to 2.46 didn't help. I found my profile's places.sqlite was
over 60,000K. ~20,000K is the initial size. I compacted places.sqlite
with the Sqlite Browser utility, and SM responsiveness improved a lot,
even though compaction only reduced filesize about 22%.

Is that utilty from http://sqlitebrowser.org/?

Not sure, but I suppose so:

# rpm -qi sqlitebrowser
Name        : sqlitebrowser
Version     : 3.7.0
Release     : 4.3
Architecture: x86_64
Install Date: Tue Jul 19 15:56:50 2016
Group       : Productivity/Office/Organizers
Size        : 3744039
License     : GPL-3.0+ or MPL-2.0
Signature   : RSA/SHA256, Thu Oct  1 01:17:54 2015, Key ID b88b2fd43dbdc284
Source RPM  : sqlitebrowser-3.7.0-4.3.src.rpm
Build Date  : Thu Oct  1 01:16:46 2015
Build Host  : build30
Relocations : (not relocatable)
Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
Vendor      : openSUSE
URL         : https://github.com/rp-/sqlitebrowser/
Summary     : Create, design and edit SQLite Databases
Description :
SQLite Database Browser is a freeware, public domain, open source visual tool
used to create, design and edit database files compatible with SQLite. It is
meant to be used for users and developers that want to create databases, edit
and search data using a familiar spreadsheet-like interface, without the need
to learn complicated SQL commands. Controls and wizards are available for users
to:

        * Create and compact database files
        * Create, define, modify and delete tables
        * Create, define and delete indexes
        * Browse, edit, add and delete records
        * Search records
        * Import and export records as text
        * Import and export tables from/to CSV files
        * Import and export databases from/to SQL dump files
        * Issue SQL queries and inspect the results
        * Examine a log of all SQL commands issued by the application
#

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/