Lee wrote on 04-12-16 17:18:
On 12/4/16, Desiree <melel...@medscape.com> wrote:
On 12/3/2016 3:30 AM, TCW wrote:
On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:30:53 -0700, NFN Smith <worldoff9...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I'm watching discussions relating to the SVG exploit, and am a little
confused about what steps I should take.

   <.. snip ..>
Use the Adrian Kalla build. Seriously, it doesn't look like EWong's
going to fix the problem he's facing any time soon. No sense running
unsecure. Likely the only thing you'd need to worry about are some
add-ons not working but you can always check those before installing
for compatibility. And if not, you can use the add-on converter
(http://addonconverter.fotokraina.com) if there's a Firefox
equivalent. It's worked well for me with, for example, Privacy Badger.

I disagree.  If one practices safe hex at all times
Can Firefox or SeaMonkey automatically update on your machine? If yes
you're running with admin privs and are _not_ practicing safe
anything.

there is no need to be afraid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malvertising
surely merits at least concern.  My attitude is that if a site has
ads, it can not be considered safe; no matter how reputable the site.

There are things worse than security issues.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransomware
How good is your backup/restore solution?  Ever tested it?

Most everyone on this list has decided to keep running vulnerable
software.  I get that.  Presumably they're all adults & can make their
own decisions.  But disregarding the risks seems a bit.. reckless.

Regards,
Lee
I agree to upgrade to a version where the SVG exploit is not possible, BUT give us an officially released version ..... We are stuck with 2.40 ..... 2.46 has been announced a long time ago, but it seems now that we need 2.47 which is not officially released yet !!!!
So WHAT ?

We looks like an ass that sees before him a carrot at the end of a stick