Edmund Wong wrote on 2016-12-16 04:40:
Daniel wrote:
On 15/12/2016 6:40 PM, bdelmee wrote:
Richmond wrote on 2016-12-14 22:51:
bdelmee <bdel...@advalvas.be> writes:

Hello, I keep seeing people mentioning unofficial dev builds
and encouraging us to try those and report any issue before
2.46 comes out.

I am still using 2.38 as 2.40 had an annoying regression for me,
which i'd like to check on the next beta and report if still present.

But - will there be a beta ? 2.38 is 15 months old by now.
Still works wonder for all i can see but security-wise,
this is getting a little old.

There are builds here: (I don't think they are 'unofficial', but they
are for testing.) Scroll down to 2.49a2. I have been using it without
trouble.

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-aurora/

thank you Richmond, but i only see alpha versions in that folder.

my question remains: does seamonkey still follow a release cycle
including public betas ?

Yes, SeaMonkey does (normally) follow a release cycle that includes
public Beta testing, but the small team that produces SeaMonkey has been
having various problems (some derived from FireFox) and, of course, they
have their usual workloads and family to handle as well.

The version Richmond gave you a link to *is* an Alpha version (hence the
"a2" at the end of the Version number.

I think I downloaded an "official" Win7 WOW 32bit SM 2.46 recently, but
cannot locate it at the moment, so maybe I was just dreaming!

It should be (officially just as a candidate, but unofficially as a
release)
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/candidates/2.46-candidates/build9/unsigned/

basically.. candidate = unofficial
soon-to-be-released-but-pending-processing release :P

Edmund

Thanks for that link; this build seems to run alright so far on Win10.
I will keep using it in the coming days.

B.