Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Jim wrote:

I got up this morning and found that my search engine has been
switched to "duckduckgo".

Reading up on this subject, it appears I may have updated or
installed something, and didn't see a box checked to make duckduckgo
my default search engine (my bad). But there isn't a good
explanation how to get rid of it completely (says to uninstall the
app but doesn't give a good idea what that app is).

Not your fault, it's a known issue. Everyone who upgrades to SM 2.46
seems to have it.

Easiest solution is to delete DDG from the list at Edit | Preferences |
Browser | Internet Search | Manage Search Engines. Then you can choose
the desired search engine and SM will stop overruling you.

DuckDuckStop!!

Thanks -- that's what I did, but I actually had to delete duckduckgo from the list of available search engines to stop it from being the default.