bo1953 wrote:
mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
bo1953 wrote:
Hello all,

I Am having challenges with retrieving email from only one (1)
yahoo account.

I Am using SM 2.46 on a W10 machine.

Each time SM opens and retrieves email for the one (1) account,
the message:

"Sending of password for user XXXXX did not succeed. Mail server
pop.mail.yahoo.com responded."

That usually happens when the mail server rejects the login.
Usually there would be a bit more after that, saying what the mail
server's response was (some sort of failure message, e.g. incorrect
username or password). If that's really all there is, it looks like
the mail server is rejecting the login but not providing a message
to say what the problem is - which confusingly makes the message
appear to be a simple statement that the server did respond.

I have no challenges on my Vista and XP machines.

Be aware that Windows XP support ended a few years ago, so it has
not been receiving updates since then and any security issues
discovered with it will not be fixed. Windows Vista support ends on
11 April this year, after which it will not receive updates
either.

Any ideas or suggestions to consider?

Check that you've entered the username and password correctly. You
may have mistyped one or other. Usernames for email servers
sometimes need to include the whole email address (including the
part after the @), and sometimes only the part before the @ - so
make sure you've got that right (compare with the machines which do
work).

Also make sure you've got the right settings for connection
security and authentication method (again, you should be able to
compare the settings with your other machines which do work).

Mark

Thank you for your reply and thoughts....

You are correct, there is a '+' (without quotes) which appears as
the message, not sure how I missed it...

Still doesn't give much clue about what the problem is though :(

I have checked all settings against each machine and all appears to be
good.

Could it just be yahoo issue overall?

Could be, although it's strange that it works from your other machines (presumably also using SeaMonkey 2.46?) If it is am issue at their end, it might suddenly start working in a day or two.

If you've been trying from each machine in turn in quick succession (within a few minutes), it could be that Yahoo either limit how many times you can connect within a certain time or block logins coming from different machines in quick succession. I've also had at least one mail provider in the past where logging in via webmail blocked access to their POP server until several minutes after logging out of webmail.

If you haven't already tried, maybe give it half an hour or so without attempting to check mail from any machine, and then try from the Windows 10 one.

Are your Windows XP, Vista and 10 machines all connected to the same network, using the same Internet connection? Any differences in antivirus software between the machines?

--
Mark.