On 05/02/2017, Ray Davison <ray...@charter.net> wrote:
> Bret Busby wrote:
>>  what is the command to show the version number
>> that is installed, without having to load the application?
>
> Can you run SM?
> Does "Help" appear at the top of the SM window?
> If you click it does that produce a drop down that includes "About SM"?
> If you click that does it yield the SM version?
>
> That is standard for maybe all apps.
>
> Ray

Yes - I can do all of that.

As is in my signature, it was the particular wording of the question.

I do not remember whether Seamonkey (my installed version appears to
be 2.29.1, from memory - it is in a previous message that I posted),
can preserve sessions in the same way that Firefox, with the
appropriate plugin(s) installed, can, but, from memory, my last
Seamonkey session had many windows with many tabs, and would take an
hour or so, to load, and would probably run the system out of
resources, with the current session of Firefox, and so, to load all of
that, simply to find the installed version number, is a bit like using
a D-10 bulldozer, to chip a thistle plant.

As I have previously mentioned, with the system as described in the
full text of the question that I had posted, I had subsequently found
that running "seamonkey -v" at the command line, apparently achieved
what I sought.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale