WaltS48,

> So, in my limited capacity of supporting SeaMonkey. I need to install 2.46
> from the SeaMonkey Project, 2.48 64-bit from Adrian's builds, or is this users
> install from <http://www.m64.info/index.php/seamonkey-64-bit-download>

no. In theory you would also need to use all platforms and architectures. No one expects this. I this case I would just say not reproducible with 2.46 and move one. But Adrians builds are supported by the dev team and unless SeaMonkey is again able to do day 1 release builds compared to Firefox and Thunderbirds they fill a niche quite nicely.

Based on my own local builds I have yet to see bug which was caused by my build in case the source wasn't modified. Same with Adrians builds. So its actually preferred to get an early warning that 2.48 might have problems :)

FRG

WaltS48 wrote:
On 02/07/2017 01:44 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
 > All of those are unofficial builds. I recommend using the official build
 > from the SeaMonkey Project, which is version 2.46.

Wrong recommendation. Adrians builds are made from the official sources and any problem his builds have the official one will have too unless there were fixed in the source tree after the build was done. There is nothing wrong with using them. The biggest problem is that crashes do not have crash symbols.

FRG

So, in my limited capacity of supporting SeaMonkey. I need to install 2.46 from the SeaMonkey Project, 2.48 64-bit from Adrian's builds, or is this users install from <http://www.m64.info/index.php/seamonkey-64-bit-download>

It's getting complicated.

Sorry, I think users should stick with SeaMonkey Project releases.