On 3/15/2017 8:02 AM, David H. Durgee wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Since 9 March I have been unable to retrieve my Yahoo mail in SeaMonkey
via their POP3 server.  I have made no changes, so I assume it is a
problem or change on their end.  When I attempt to manually retrieve
Yahoo mail I get:

"The POP3 mail server (pop.mail.yahoo.com) does not support UIDL or XTND
XLST, which are required to implement the ``Leave on Server'', ``Maximum
Message Size'' or ``Fetch Headers Only'' options. To download your mail,
turn off these options in the Server Settings for your mail server in
the Account Settings window."

Of course I AM interested in leaving messages on the server in case I am
out of the office and want to check Yahoo mail.  Is anyone else seeing
this problem?  Is there an alternative POP3 server for Yahoo that does
work properly?

I seem to recall seeing this problem occasionally in the past and
thought that it occurred when Yahoo had some sort of a POP3 server crash
and failed to initially recover all functions.  But in this case almost
a week has passed and the problem still remains.

Are there any other alternatives to retrieve Yahoo mail with SeaMonkey?
I have no interest in using web mail in the office.

Dave

I think I may have found the answer to my question. Anyone else using Yahoo mail via POP3 see this article:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln28161.html

It appears that Yahoo is dropping POP3 support effective at the end of the month. They suggest using IMAP instead.

How can I switch over in SeaMonkey 2.48 from POP3 to IMAP? Do I need to set up an entirely new mail account, or can I simply edit the server configuration for the current mail account? Will there be any problems I should expect with the conversion?

Dave

If *all* of your email is on the server and nothing is stored locally, you'll be ok to:

1. Create a new account in Seamonkey that will be your IMAP account with IMAP server settings.

2. Once the IMAP account is up and running and all looks well, set it as the Default account.

3. Delete the POP3 account.

Is should be as simple as that. If you do have some mail stored locally, create a new folder in Local Folder called TEMP or HOLD (or whatever) and move your local mail there and then go through steps 1, 2 and 3. When done, just move the mail back from TEMP of HOLD.