DoctorBill wrote:

YES !  Wonderful !

If I can just remember all these - I'll Make a "Flash Card" !

Thank you !

Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful -- if you can remember them. Best to learn them one or two at a time.

As an aside, this is where, for some things, a character UI can be superior to a graphical UI. *If* you know exactly what you want to do (and you don't need prompts), working from typed commands is often faster, in that you can do what you want to do without taking your hands off your keyboard. Perhaps the ultimate expression of this idea is if you're working in Linux (or a Windows implementation) with the vi text editor, where you can do some really interesting and complicated things, all with keystrokes. (It's also probably likely that EMACS can do this as well, although I never tried to learn that -- and I'm not trying to set off a new round of editor wars).

That's not to say that character UI is superior all the time. There's lots of places where it's really helpful to have the graphical presentation (including context), where point and click are preferred.

If you haven't done so, take a look at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Returning to the question at hand, two points of reference that are within Seamonkey itself:

1) If you go to Window in the Menu Bar, then all the relevant options are offered, including the keyboard shortcuts (ctrl-1 for browser, ctrl-2 for mail, ctrl-4 for the composer and ctrl-5 for the address book). I don't remember what ctrl-3 used to do, but it's no deprecated.

2) In the very lower left corner of a Seamonkey display, the task bar shows icons that correspond to the Window options -- same order, and those may be sufficient as a visual reference.

BTW, in Windows 7 (and these also applied in previous versions as well), several of the keyboard shortcuts that I use frequently:

ALT-Tab: switch from window to window, even windows that are minimized
CTRL-Tab: switch from tab to tab inside my browser

Also, with Windows, for icons that are located in your task bar, you can reach them with the Logo key and appropriate digit. Thus, using Logo-1 will take you to the application whose logo is closest to the start button, Logo-2 will take you to the second, etc. Logo-F (presumably for "find") will take you to the Windows search tool (and its horrible UI), but I use a third-party search tool, Agent Ransack, and because I keep the icon for that locked in my task bar next to the Start button, using Logo-1 is a quick way of popping up my preferred search tool.

Smith