On 04/20/2017 12:41 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
bo1953 wrote:

Hello all,

Back with similar challenge as per my earlier post about AOL mail...

I now receive the following message:

The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
server (SMTP) smtp.aol.com was lost in the middle of the transaction.
Try again.

I do believe my outgoing server settings are correct (or are they):

Server Name: smtp.aol.com
Port: 587
User Name: bo1953 @ V. net
Authentication Method: Normal password
Connection Security: SSL/TLS

Your connection security for outgoing mails should be: STARTTLS

Thoughts, suggestions, input - please.

Have you tried port 465? That's what they told me to do when I migrated, and it works fine. Of course, I kept my Verizon address, and for that the SMTP server is smtp.verizon.net.

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48
Build identifier: 20170329182716

I do desire we may be better strangers.
                -- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"